Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Moser, Christian" <cm...@metrohm.com> on 2010/11/30 08:25:41 UTC

maven 3.0.1 doesn't download sources

Hi

Maven 3.0.1 and artifactory 2.3.1 with unique (non-unique won't work)
snapshot repository doesn't UPDATE sources from the repository. Calling
mvn -U dependency:sources with an empty local repository will resolve
all sources correctly. After a newer artifact was deployed and the maven
was called again with mvn -U dependency:sources, the pom and .jar
archive was updated, but the dependency plugin skips to download the
newer source files. Why does the plugin refuses to download?

We're using the default -sources classifier.

Regards,

Christian

AW: maven 3.0.1 doesn't download sources

Posted by "Moser, Christian" <cm...@metrohm.com>.
Just found it out by myself..

The dependency plugin creates in target a folder called "dependency-maven-plugin-markers" which acts like a cache. To make sure all available sources will be checked & downloaded again you have to clean the cache with the maven clean.

mvn -U clean dependency:sources -DoverWriteSnapshots=true -DoverWriteReleases=true

solved the problem :-)

Posted by "Moser, Christian" <cm...@metrohm.com>.

Re: maven 3.0.1 doesn't download sources

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.