Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jim Michael <JM...@chesterfield.mo.us> on 2002/06/12 18:12:09 UTC

flush="false" not working?

I was under the impression that Tomcat4 now lets me do JSP 1.2 things
like modify response headers via includes with flush="false". However,
this does not work for me.

I created a very simple test where TEST1.JSP does:

<jsp:include page="/test2.jsp" fluch="false" />

And within test2.jsp I do:

<% response.setDateHeader("Last-Modified",1021852800934L); %>

This *should* set the last-modified header to May 18-ish, but it
doesn't work. If I move the setDateHeader() code to TEST1.JSP, it sets
the header fine... so it seems that even though flush="false" doesn't
throw an error anymore, it still does not allow me to set response
headers as advertised.

Any suggestions or corrections welcome!

I'm using Tomcat 4.0.3 and JDK 1.3.1

Jim

Re: flush="false" not working?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.
The new flush="false" value does *not* change the restriction in the
Servlet spec that included servlets are not allowed to affect headers in
the response.  Therefore, Tomcat will still ignore any attempt to set the
"Last-Modified" header inside an included JSP.

See the relevant Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2 specifications for more details.

  http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html
  http://java.sun.com/products/jsp/download.html

Craig McClanahan

RE: flush="false" not working?

Posted by Charles Sanders <c-...@wcom.com>.
double check your spelling: in the example you provided you spelled flush
("fluch="false")