Posted to user@spark.apache.org by kmader <ke...@gmail.com> on 2015/03/27 01:18:42 UTC

FakeClassTag in Java API

The JavaAPI uses FakeClassTag for all of the implicit class tags fed to RDDs
during creation, mapping, etc. I am working on a more generic Scala library
where I won't always have the type information beforehand. Is it safe /
accepted practice to use FakeClassTag in these situations as well? It was my
understanding that Scala requires the ClassTag in order to build new Arrays,
what happens when they are not present?
Thanks,
Kevin