Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com> on 2016/01/11 11:33:24 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0 Released

Hi all,

Apache Artemis 1.2.0 has now been released.

This release has significant improvements to performance, particularly
around the persistence layer.  In addition, new features have been added
such as LDAP and OSGi support.  There has also been more improvements to
the OpenWire protocol.

The project website for Apache Artemis has been updated include this
release and can be found here:
http://activemq.apache.org/artemis/

A list of issues fixed in Apache Artemis 1.2.0 is available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12333274

API and User documentation can be found here:
https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs.html

Regards
Martyn

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0 Released

Posted by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net>.
For anyone wanting to try artemis on Apache Karaf 4.0.3. You can use
these commands on the started karaf server.

feature:repo-add artemis 1.2.0
feature:install artemis-core artemis-amqp artemis-hornetq artemis-mqtt
artemis-stomp

This should start an activemq server with default configs. You can then
adapt the config in etc/artemis.xml.
I would be happy about any feedback on usability in OSGi.

Christian

--
Christian Schneider
http://www.liquid-reality.de

Open Source Architect
http://www.talend.com

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0 Released

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.com>.
I'm no expert on advisory messages, but Artemis has management notifications that look to me to fulfill the same role.  See https://activemq.apache.org/artemis/docs/1.2.0/management.html.

Justin

Is advisory message implemented in this release? If not any plans ?

Thx
Marcin

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.com>.

Posted by Marcin Giedz <ma...@arise.pl>.