Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Shaikh, Saleem (Saleem)" <sa...@verizonbusiness.com> on 2007/08/02 16:24:12 UTC

error: The task doesn't support the "srcdir" attribute

Hi There,

I am trying to use ant task <jspc> to precompile my jsp along with my
application build to check if there is any jsp problems that show up.

But I always get this error as below:

<stacktrace><![CDATA[file:C:/work/checkout/esp/buildmyproject.xml:54:
The <jspc> task doesn't support the "srcdir" attribute.

            at
org.apache.tools.ant.IntrospectionHelper.setAttribute(IntrospectionHelpe
r.java:422)

            at
org.apache.tools.ant.ProjectHelper.configure(ProjectHelper.java:306)

            at
org.apache.tools.ant.RuntimeConfigurable.maybeConfigure(RuntimeConfigura
ble.java:242)

            at
org.apache.tools.ant.RuntimeConfigurable.maybeConfigure(RuntimeConfigura
ble.java:211)

            at org.apache.tools.ant.Task.maybeConfigure(Task.java:259)

            at org.apache.tools.ant.Target.performTasks(Target.java:336)

            at
org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTarget(Project.java:1339)

            at
org.apache.tools.ant.Project.executeTargets(Project.java:1255)

            at org.apache.tools.ant.Main.start(Main.java:196)

            at
org.apache.tools.ant.Main.main(Main.java:235)]]></stacktrace>

  </build>

</cruisecontrol>

Seems the "srcdir" attribute is not getting recognized by the jasper at
all.

I am using jasper library files from Tomcat-4.1.36 of Apache. All my
classpath are well set too as I have tried with different approaches.

Please let me know the resolution for this, if any.

Thanks,

Saleem

RE: error: The task doesn't support the "srcdir" attribute

Posted by "Shaikh, Saleem (Saleem)" <sa...@verizonbusiness.com>.
Hi,

Here is the ant target that I use for this jsp pre-compilation during
build:

<target name="compilejsp" depends="">

    <mkdir dir="${java.dir}" />
    <mkdir dir="${classes.dir}" />

    <jspc
    	srcdir="${build.dir}"
    	destdir="${java.dir}"

	<include name="**/*.jsp"/>
	<classpath refid="${jasper.classpath}"/>
    </jspc>

    <javac
    	debug="on"
    	includeAntRuntime="false"
	srcdir="${java.dir}"
	destdir="${classes.dir}"

	<classpath>
	<path
	   location="${build.dir}/WEB-INF/classes" />
	 <fileset dir="${build.dir}/WEB-INF/lib">
    	     <include name="**/*.jar" />
    	</fileset>
    	<path refid="jasper.classpath"/>
    	</classpath>