Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Rafael Weingartner <ra...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/23 02:15:57 UTC

Email functionality.

Hi folks,
I was wondering that it would be awesome if through the CS UI we could
contact users, sending them emails(messages about maintenance and etc).

Imagine that we have a maintenance coming and/or some users could be
affected, or some problem happened that caused some downtime, it would be
very interesting (at least for me) if I could through the CS we send email
to those users.

Since, we already fill out a form that contains the user’s email. This way
we could give a real meaning to that email that we have to fill in when
creating a user. Is there any feature request for something like that?

--
Rafael Weingärtner

Re: Email functionality.

Posted by Daan Hoogland <da...@gmail.com>.
I suggest you write your ideas up in an FS at the wiki
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/CLOUDSTACK/Design

I like the idea but let's discuss if it is feasible and meets any
requirement an operator might have.

--
Daan