Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Saman Rasheed <sa...@hotmail.com> on 2017/05/22 17:14:31 UTC

without termfeq - returning the number of terms/or regex of terms in a document

i have an english book which i have indexed its contents successfully into field called 'content, with the following properties:

<field name="content" type="text_general" indexed="true" stored="true" multiValued="true" termVectors="true" termPositions="true" termOffsets="true"/>

so if need to return the number of a specific term regex e.g. '*olomo*' then my document should contain 2 and give me 'Solomon' with a term frequency = 2.

I've tried going through the term vector section in the reference and various other posts on the internet but still i havent managed to figure out how.

the nearest i found is the following syntax/way:

http://localhost:8983/solr/test/tvrh?q=content:[*%20TO%20*]&indent=true&tv.tf=true&tv.df=true

which brings my pc to a near halt for about a couple of minutes, and then it returns the term frequency of every term! but i only need the term frequency of particular pattern/regex:

is there a way to narrow it down to just one regex term, e.g. *thing*, so it will find soothing, somthing, everything each with their number of occurences for the document?

thanks,