Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Rupinder Singh <ru...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/20 05:40:05 UTC

Building Maven 3.5.0 on GNURoot Debian

Hi,

I'm using GNURoot Debian (fakeroot Linux distro) on Anroid phone. While I
could get maven 3.0.5 from the repository with apt-get, any higher version
is not available. I would like maven 3.5.0. So I guess I should build it.
Could somebody enlist the steps for my quick reference?

Regards
Rupinder

Fwd: Building Maven 3.5.0 on GNURoot Debian

Posted by Rupinder Singh <ru...@gmail.com>.
Downloading tar or zip binary distribution isn't good for me because most
of them come without execute permissions. chmod doesn't work on this distro
currently. Whereas pacakges installed by apt-get work. I'm hoping that
building will also work.

Re: Building Maven 3.5.0 on GNURoot Debian

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
Maven is built basically like any Maven project.
We have additional instruction to run its [1], but the Maven build part is
just completely classical

Regards,

Hervé

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/development/guide-building-maven.html