Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Philippe PITHON <pp...@sigal.fr> on 2004/03/01 14:07:05 UTC

patch 0.20.5 - releasing memory allocated

Hello !

I would like to improve the performances of FOP

In forum, I see a message "There was a patch afterwards for releasing
memory allocated by the table layout to this branch after the release"

I have download the head of the "fop-0_20_2-maintain" branch and build
FOP

But, but after many tests, I don't see a difference in speed or less
place memory

I forgot a procedure?

Re: RE : patch 0.20.5 - releasing memory allocated

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Philippe PITHON wrote:
> After download cvs branch "fop-0_20_2-maintain"
> I must execute build.bat,
>
> That's all ?
Basically yes.

> which java source were modified ?
Various table related files.

If you can render the document with 0.20.5, a noticable
speedup occurs only if the memory is nearly exhausted.
The patch is more for people who got an
OutOfMemoryException.

J.Pietschmann

RE : patch 0.20.5 - releasing memory allocated

Posted by Philippe PITHON <pp...@sigal.fr>.
I use one page sequence with lots and large tables
I don't mesure memory consumption but the speed
(I would do it the next week with jprobe)

After download cvs branch "fop-0_20_2-maintain"
I must execute build.bat,

That's all ?

which java source were modified ?

> In forum, I see a message “There was a patch afterwards for releasing
> memory allocated by the table layout to this branch after the release”
> I have download the head of the "fop-0_20_2-maintain" branch and build
FOP
> But, but after many tests, I don’t see a difference in speed or less
> place memory

Unless you use lots and/or large tables without enclosing them
in small page sequences, you wont see much of a speed increase
or less memory consumption (how do you measure memory consumption
anyway?)

J.Pietschmann

Re: patch 0.20.5 - releasing memory allocated

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.