Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Vo, David (Mission Systems)" <Da...@ngc.com> on 2005/10/05 01:43:49 UTC

Why isn't cvstagdiff able to handle multiple modules?

According to the ANT documentation, it should be able to accept a space delimited list of modules but I have seen this is not the case.

Beginning of file ...

<property name="cvs.modules" value="Katepult Messaging Common Reusable Si3 Test UserDoc XML deployment ExampleAgent Specifications QATestAgent QARemoteTestAgent" />

  <echo message="Performing CVS Diff: ${cvslastgoodbuildtimestamp} to ${cvstimestamp}" />
   <cvstagdiff
    cvsroot="${cvs.root}"
    destfile="/home/builds/log/cvs_diff.xml"
    package="${cvs.modules}"
    startDate="${cvslastgoodbuildtimestamp}"
    endDate="${cvstimestamp}"
   />

Sure enough, it diffs the entire list of modules, but when you look at the cvs_diff.xml file, it's usually void of entries. So I trimmed it down to one module. And it worked. Then I tried it with two files, with two seperate cvstagdiff entries. Guess what? It replaces the file each time. Why is this? Why bother allowing cvstagdiff the ability to diff multiple packages if it just replaces instead of appends?

Now my config is twice as large as it needs to be because it has to run a seperate cvstagdiff for each package and has to write to a dozen different files.

Any ideas around this?

Thanks,
David