Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Arje Cahn <a....@hippo.nl> on 2007/10/15 09:38:03 UTC

Wicket Meetup in November: 30 attendees already...

Hi all,

Great news !

30 attendees so far have signed up for the Amsterdam Wicket meetup, and already 19 attendees (!) have added their preferred dates. That's a really good score for a first double opt-in call :-)

This meetup will be in English, and open to all people from abroad. So add your name to the list now, if you'd like to join! http://cwiki.apache.org/WICKET/community-meetups.html. Amsterdam is cheap and easy accessible, so don't hesitate to come on over.

We already have several proposals for talks/presentations/ask-a-committer sessions, and if you feel like talking or discussing a specific subject, feel free to add your idea to the list.

Now for the date:

Friday November 30.

Some people have stated that they won't be able to attend all day and prefer an evening or at least late-afternoon session. However, since we're paying for the room all day anyway, I suggest we setup an agenda like this:

12:00 Room opens, Wifi connection, power outlets and coffee available.
      Walk-in hackaton for whoever likes to join.
15:00 Start of the 'official' Meetup. Opening talk.
15:00-21:00 Talks / presentations / discussion / ask-a-committer sessions / TBD
18:00 Beers and snacks, continuing sessions
21:00 Wrap-up

Based on Ruby meetup successes, we could split the sessions in two: an Experienced track and a Beginners track, for those people that are interested in Wicket but need the right arguments to sell it to their bosses. Possibly rename this to "Is Wicket suitable for my CMS/Webapp/?". :)

I'm pretty sure we'll be able to cover the costs with some sponsormoney. Anyone who'd be interested in helping out on the finances, please send me an email! All we need is some financing for the room, coffee, beers, connectivity, and so on.

Looking forward to the meetup already.
Don't forget to spread the word :)

Feedback welcome!

----

Arjé Cahn

Hippo

Oosteinde 11
1017WT Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Tel  +31 (0)20 5224466

a.cahn@hippo.nl / arje@apache.org

Re: Wicket Meetup in November: 30 attendees already...

Posted by Wouter Huijnink <w....@func.nl>.
> 30 attendees so far have signed up for the Amsterdam Wicket meetup, and already 19 attendees (!) have added their preferred dates. That's a really good score for a first double opt-in call :-)

wheeheew!

> Some people have stated that they won't be able to attend all day and prefer an evening or at least late-afternoon session. However, since we're paying for the room all day anyway, I suggest we setup an agenda like this:
>
> 12:00 Room opens, Wifi connection, power outlets and coffee available.
>       Walk-in hackaton for whoever likes to join.
> 15:00 Start of the 'official' Meetup. Opening talk.
> 15:00-21:00 Talks / presentations / discussion / ask-a-committer sessions / TBD
> 18:00 Beers and snacks, continuing sessions
> 21:00 Wrap-up
>
> Based on Ruby meetup successes, we could split the sessions in two: an Experienced track and a Beginners track, for those people that are interested in Wicket but need the right arguments to sell it to their bosses. Possibly rename this to "Is Wicket suitable for my CMS/Webapp/?". :)

sounds very good

> I'm pretty sure we'll be able to cover the costs with some sponsormoney. Anyone who'd be interested in helping out on the finances, please send me an email! All we need is some financing for the room, coffee, beers, connectivity, and so on.

My company (Func.) is willing to contribute, I'll get in touch about
details.

Regards,
Wouter

--