Posted to user@oozie.apache.org by Andras Szerdahelyi <an...@gmail.com> on 2015/09/02 13:09:24 UTC

uber war.. too uber?

hello list,

i'm building Oozie & the distro tar with

mvn clean package assembly:single -U -DskipTests -P hadoop-2,uber
-Dhadoop.version=2.7.0

i see that this results in a war with 170+ JARs in WEB-INF/lib, including
 all-time classics like server-api.jar and jsp-api.jar

The bundled tomcat refuses to load server-api but loads jsp-api and this
results in the following exception when trying to open the console

The method getJspApplicationContext(ServletContext) is undefined for the
type JspFactory

Upon removing jsp-api.jar from the war, this is fixed and the console
loads. I'm wondering if there should be some exclusions added to the uber
profile or am i missing a step here?

thanks,
Andras

Re: uber war.. too uber?

Posted by Andras Szerdahelyi <an...@gmail.com>.
n.b building without the uber profile produces a deploy-able war, and so
does adding

<exclusions>
<exclusion>
<groupId>javax.servlet</groupId>