Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Dan Gambiera <an...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/28 23:07:12 UTC

Speeding up even further - Can I make this work?

I'm trying to get spamassassin to work more quickly on outgoing email. Since
I know where the email is coming from et cetera there is no need to do any
of the DNSeval, SPF, DKIM, RBL and similar tests. I don't want to just set
the scores for a bunch of the standard tests to zero. I want to keep them
from getting run at all. Does anyone have any insight on what I will need to
modify in the code to do this?

The FAQ and Wiki aren't terribly helpful.

Regards,
Dan Gambiera

RE: Speeding up even further - Can I make this work?

Posted by Gary Smith <ga...@holdstead.com>.
Dan,

Run two separate SA daemons and two separate MTA daemons.  We do this with a postfix/SA install.  You can then tweak additional settings for your MTA to also ignore these types of checks as well.  We run Postfix on port 25 for incoming and on 587 (submission) for outgoing.  We also have an alternate port for outgoing as well (which only responds to local network (of 2525).  Each port/IP combo in postfix can pass things to it's own filter (thus two separate instances of SA).

Hope that helps.

Gary Smith

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.
On Mon, 28 Dec 2009 14:07:12 -0800
Dan Gambiera <an...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm trying to get spamassassin to work more quickly on outgoing
> email. Since I know where the email is coming from et cetera there is
> no need to do any of the DNSeval, SPF, DKIM, RBL and similar tests. I
> don't want to just set the scores for a bunch of the standard tests
> to zero. I want to keep them from getting run at all. Does anyone
> have any insight on what I will need to modify in the code to do this?

I'm not sure you have to do anything. If you configure your msa_networks
and internal_networks appropriately, your outgoing mail will never have
left the internal network, so RBLs, SPF and other DNS based checks
wont run - not sure about  DKIM.  You might want to reduce the
ALL_TRUSTED score.