Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/30 03:15:26 UTC

Re: In response to : Request to remove some of the attachments in a specific new component, Jira TOMAHAWK-829

Well, you should be asking about this on the myfaces dev mailing list,
so I'm cc'ing my response there.

My personal opinion is that any table functionality should be merged
into the existing t:dataTable.   We want to have one component that
can do everything rather than a bunch of different components that can
only do a few things.   This is why we have merged t:newspaperTable
functionality into t:dataTable. At minimum, it should be a subclass of
the existing t:dataTable.

Posted by Jihoon Kim <ji...@gmail.com>.
First I just wanted to say huge thanks to Gerald for all his helps in
helping me and guiding me in making the patch, as the original version
would have made people go "huh?" on their first look.

But with much of his one on one email helpS I have reduced the number
of components to 4 [DynamicTable, DynamicRow, DynamicColumn, and
DynamicCell] and made the patch more appealing =].

As I wait for a decision of whether these components are suitable for
the sandbox, I will write up better sample examples and work to
improve the component's implementations.  once again thanks to Gerald
for helping me and guiding me beyond the instructions I learned from
the Wiki pages and thanks to Mike for deleting the previous
attachments [must have been a grueling task].  Till later.

Regards,

Ji

Posted by Gerald Müllan <gm...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jihoon Kim <ji...@gmail.com>.