Posted to dev@cxf.apache.org by Christian Schneider <ch...@die-schneider.net> on 2014/03/03 15:30:10 UTC

[jms] transport: old style config removed

Hi all,

like announced I now removed the old style config from the jms transport.

So now the two remaining config styles are:
1. set JMSConfiguration using JMSConfigFeature
2. Use SOAP/JMS style and set configs using the soap:address and
SOAP/JMS WSDL extensors

As most of the system tests relied on the old style config I had to
change most of the WSDLs and tests. So I hope I did not change their
meaning. Anyone with knowledge of the JMS transport and tests please
review my changes and let me know if functionality is missing.

So what is still remaining to do until 3.0:
- Allow better configurability of MessagelistenerContainer: As we wanted
to be independent of spring I had to write a new
MessageListenerContainer impl. It is by far not as configurable as the
spring one. So please let me know what config options are needed
- Transaction support. To be independent of spring I had to remove the
spring transaction support. I also did not yet restore the JTA
Transaction support
- Update documentation and examples to reflect the changes

As the new configuration is quite different from the old style I will
shortly write a blog entry to show how configuration is done now.

I also wonder if I should also remove the JMSConfiguration. JMSEndpoint
now has all elements of JMSConfiguration so we could use this instead.
What do you think?

Christian

--
Christian Schneider