Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com> on 2023/06/12 10:21:42 UTC

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Hi,
I have created a release plan for Apache Kafka version 3.6.0 on the
wiki. You can access the release plan and all related information by
following this link:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Release+Plan+3.6.0

The release plan outlines the key milestones and important dates for
version 3.6.0. Currently, the following dates have been set for the
release:

KIP Freeze        : 26th July 23
Feature Freeze : 16th Aug 23
Code Freeze     : 30th Aug 23

Please review the release plan and provide any additional information
or updates regarding KIPs targeting version 3.6.0. If you have
authored any KIPs that are missing a status or if there are incorrect
status details, please make the necessary updates and inform me so
that I can keep the plan accurate and up to date.

Thanks,
Satish.

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Christo,
Please feel free to add the KIP to the release plan wiki with the
implementation status.

Thanks,
Satish.

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Christo Lolov <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Chris Egerton <fe...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Satish!

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Chris Egerton <ch...@aiven.io.INVALID>.
Hi Satish,

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Ivan Yurchenko <iv...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Ivan,

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Ivan Yurchenko <iv...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the update, Mayank Shekhar.

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Mayank Shekhar Narula <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Satish

wrote:

> Thanks Colin for the update on the mentioned KIPs.
>
> ~Satish.
>
> On Mon, 24 Jul 2023 at 23:09, Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Satish,
> >
> > I removed "KIP-866 ZooKeeper to KRaft Migration" from the list of
> pending KIPs, since that one was shipped in 3.4. I added "KIP-868 Metadata
> Transactions", since we are planning on implementing this in 3.6. (The KIP
> was approved a while ago, but not yet shipped.)
> >
> > I also added "KIP-938: Add more metrics for measuring KRaft
> performance," which is a new KIP we are implemeting in 3.6 (The JIRA is
> open now for review.) Same for KIP-919 which is being voted on now.
> >
> > best,
> > Colin
> >
> > On Mon, Jul 24, 2023, at 03:59, Satish Duggana wrote:
> > > A gentle reminder on the KIP freeze date: 26th Jul. Please try to
> [...]

Mayank Shekhar Narula

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Colin McCabe <cm...@apache.org>.
Hi Satish,

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by ShunKang Lin <li...@gmail.com>.
Hi Satish,

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Satish Duggana <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Divij for adding the KIPs to the wiki.

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release

Posted by Divij Vaidya <di...@gmail.com>.
Hi Satish

Re: Apache Kafka 3.6.0 release