Posted to builds@apache.org by "Cinquini, Luca (3880)" <Lu...@jpl.nasa.gov> on 2012/02/16 20:28:30 UTC

question on failed OODT build

Hi,
I have a question concerning the last OODT build, which failed:

https://builds.apache.org/job/oodt-trunk/265/

The reason for the failure seems to be:

[JENKINS] Archiving /home/jenkins/jenkins-slave/workspace/oodt-trunk/pge/target/cas-pge-0.4-SNAPSHOT-dist.tar.gz to /home/hudson/hudson/jobs/oodt-trunk/modules/org.apache.oodt$cas-pge/builds/2012-02-16_12-36-11/archive/org.apache.oodt/cas-pge/0.4-SNAPSHOT/cas-pge-0.4-SNAPSHOT-dist.tar.gz
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO] Failed to create assembly: Failed to retrieve OS environment variables. Reason: Cannot run program "env": java.io.IOException: error=24, Too many open files

I noticed that the same error seemed to have happened in the past... Is this really the problem, and if so is there anything that can be done to avoid it, or should we just resubmit a new commit to trigger a new build ?

thanks for your help,

Luca