Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Kent Närling <ke...@seamless.se> on 2008/12/16 16:05:06 UTC

Trying to deploy site...

I am trying to deploy a project site, but it seems that the deployment
possibilities are very limited?

eg. I am trying this:

  <distributionManagement>
    <site>
      <id>project-site</id>
      <url>scp://localhost/home/admin/test</url>
    </site>
  </distributionManagement>

But then I get:
Embedded error: The host was not known and was not accepted by the
configuration: localhost
reject HostKey: localhost

It doesn't accept localhost?? why??

Also, I would actually like to be able to use another port (than 22) is this
even possible?

The documentation regarding the distribution options/protocols seems almost
non-existant, or?

Re: Trying to deploy site...

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.
You could try the ftp deployment instead of scp, that might work. But if you
are staying local, use site-stage will solve your issue.

if not local to the box, then you need a deployment declaration like you are
using.

---
Thank You…

Mick Knutson, President

BASE Logic, Inc.
Enterprise Architecture, Design, Mentoring & Agile Consulting
p. (866) BLiNC-411: (254-6241-1)
f. (415) 685-4233

Website: http://baselogic.com
---

Re: Trying to deploy site...

Posted by Kent Närling <ke...@seamless.se>.
So, you are saying that only signature/key-based SSH works with deployment?
not simply username+password? (that was what I tried)
I do make site-stage too, just wanted to test the first deployment against a

Re: Trying to deploy site...

Posted by Mick Knutson <mi...@gmail.com>.