Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Kenneth Tam <ke...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/15 00:40:23 UTC

Re: [Axis2] JAX-WS as another WSDL2Code/Java language option?

Looking at WSDL -> Java work required by JAX-WS, and one way that
occurred to me to do this was to define another "language" ("jax-ws")
as a peer to "java" and "csharp", for which there would be an emitter
& associated templates/writer classes.  This implies that the "java"
language option is really the codegen for native Axis2 API stuff in
Java.

Thoughts?

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
JWSDP is CDDL, GlassFish is CDDL...Should we pack up our bags? :)
Geronimo needs a JAXB Impl not just us. Not taking a JAXB RI
dependency forces us to think more than give up. Let's ask around, may
be someone has some resources that we can redirect to JaxMe to bring
it up to JAXB2. I am not going to comment on ServiceMix's approach as
i am not a mentor or a participant there.

BTW, there is already some code in the current SVN that calls JaxMe's
schema to java generator. Not sure if the generated code works, IMHO,
but getting that working that would be first step.

thanks,
dims

Posted by Kenneth Tam <ke...@gmail.com>.
Hi folks,