Posted to dev@whimsical.apache.org by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com> on 2023/04/23 17:50:02 UTC

I need some help with tooling

I'm going to update the PMC policy page and would like to update the whimsy tool at the same time.

The current roster/pmc tool updates the committee-info.txt file via svn but does not notify anyone except (indirectly via svn) listeners of committers-cvs.

Additionally, the tool will need to add a text field where the user can enter the lists.apache.org permanent link to the [VOTE] or other discussion on the private list where the PMC candidate was approved. There should also be a link to lists.apache.org (private list last 6 months) so the user can choose the correct link. When clicked, the link should open in a tab.

Once the discussion link has been entered, the tool will perform the svn update and the tool will send a [NOTICE] email to board with the new PMC member information including the link to lists.apache.org.

Once this is working I will update the policy.

I'll take a look at the existing code and will probably need some help with the changes.

Thanks,
Craig

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: I need some help with tooling

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
I suggest you create a branch for your changes so they can be tested separately.