Posted to users@maven.apache.org by neo anderson <ja...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2008/03/28 10:58:20 UTC

apt-get repository

I have one question. Does any maven command or plugin support serach and add
dependency automatically (a bit like Debian apt-get)? For instance, I use
archetype to create an ejb project. Then I want to use jboss as my ejb
container. So I need to add a lot of dependencies. Is there any command or
plugin like 'mvn dependency:search-jboss'/ 'mvn dependency:add-jboss'
enabling mvn to automatically accomplish the dependencies section? Though
those dependencies can be added manually by editing the pom.xml, it is a bit
tedious step and easily to mistype the wrong characters. Or is there any
better way to accomplish such task?

Thank you very much,

RE: apt-get repository

Posted by MATHUS Baptiste <ma...@mipih.fr>.
I you use eclipse, give a try to m2eclipse, there's an "add dependency" that has a autocomplete feature.

Cheers.

Re: apt-get repository

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
Yes, both of these IDE integrations support the Nexus indexer which
allows you access to all dependency information in the central
repository.

On 28-Mar-08, at 3:15 AM, <ni...@planet.nl> <ni...@planet.nl>
wrote:
> Maybe you can use Eclipse (m2eclipse [1]) or Netbeans(mevenide [2])
> with their maven plugin. Those plugins index the central repository
> and allow you to search and add dependencies.
>
> [1] http://m2eclipse.codehaus.org
> [2] http://mevenide.codehaus.org
>
> Hth,
>
> Nick S.

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

We all have problems. How we deal with them is a measure of our worth.

-- Unknown

RE: apt-get repository

Posted by ni...@planet.nl.