Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Shuja Rehman <sh...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/23 22:25:01 UTC

install: cannot change owner and permissions of `/usr/lib/hbase/pids': No such file or directory

Hi
I have added the following line to hadoop-env.sh to work with hbase.

export HADOOP_CLASSPATH=/usr/lib/hbase-0.89.20100621+17.jar:/usr/lib/conf

When i restart the service for hadoop then it shows me following error
messages

ERROR.
install: cannot change owner and permissions of `/usr/lib/hbase/pids': No
such file or directory
install: cannot change owner and permissions of `/usr/lib/hbase/pids': No
such file or directory
install: cannot change owner and permissions of `/usr/lib/hbase/pids': No
such file or directory

Can anybody guide about the solution?

Thanks
--
Regards
Shuja-ur-Rehman Baig

Re: install: cannot change owner and permissions of `/usr/lib/hbase/pids': No such file or directory

Posted by Shuja Rehman <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Todd,

I have installed the hadoop and hbase and when i try to run the services
from this command, it shows this output

root@digitalvision:~# for service in /etc/init.d/hadoop-*; do sudo $service
start; done

Starting Hadoop datanode daemon: starting datanode, logging to
/usr/lib/hadoop-0.20/bin/../logs/hadoop-root-datanode-digitalvision.out
ERROR.
Starting Hadoop jobtracker daemon: starting jobtracker, logging to
/usr/lib/hadoop-0.20/bin/../logs/hadoop-root-jobtracker-digitalvision.out
ERROR.
Starting Hadoop namenode daemon: starting namenode, logging to
/usr/lib/hadoop-0.20/bin/../logs/hadoop-root-namenode-digitalvision.out
ERROR.
Starting Hadoop secondarynamenode daemon: starting secondarynamenode,
logging to
/usr/lib/hadoop-0.20/bin/../logs/hadoop-root-secondarynamenode-digitalvision.out
ERROR.
Starting Hadoop tasktracker daemon: starting tasktracker, logging to
/usr/lib/hadoop-0.20/bin/../logs/hadoop-root-tasktracker-digitalvision.out
ERROR.
Starting Hadoop HBase master daemon: mkdir: cannot create directory
`/var/run/hbase': Permission denied
starting master, logging to
/usr/lib/hbase/bin/../logs/hbase-hbase-master-digitalvision.out
/usr/lib/hbase/bin/hbase-daemon.sh: line 129:
/var/run/hbase/hbase-hbase-master.pid: No such file or directory
ERROR.
Starting Hadoop HBase regionserver daemon: mkdir: cannot create directory
`/var/run/hbase': Permission denied
starting regionserver, logging to
/usr/lib/hbase/bin/../logs/hbase-hbase-regionserver-digitalvision.out
/usr/lib/hbase/bin/hbase-daemon.sh: line 129:
/var/run/hbase/hbase-hbase-regionserver.pid: No such file or directory
ERROR.
Starting Hadoop HBase thrift daemon: mkdir: cannot create directory
`/var/run/hbase': Permission denied
starting thrift, logging to
/usr/lib/hbase/bin/../logs/hbase-hbase-thrift-digitalvision.out
/usr/lib/hbase/bin/hbase-daemon.sh: line 129:
/var/run/hbase/hbase-hbase-thrift.pid: No such file or directory
ERROR.
JMX enabled by default
Using config: /etc/zookeeper/zoo.cfg
Starting zookeeper ...
STARTED

and if i check the services with sudo jps, it shows the process. This is
happening whenever i install these and restart the computer.

root@digitalvision:~# sudo jps
2322 Main
2490 JobTracker
2662 SecondaryNameNode