Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Sreekanth S <sr...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/31 03:40:08 UTC

Exposing a REST Webservice in OfBiz

Hi,
I want to expose some functionality/api as REST Webservice in Ofbiz to be
consumed by an external application.
I got the documentation at - "
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OFBIZ/Export+service+using+REST
".

But it says -"Apache Wink is retired. For new REST implementations, it is
not recommended to use it.This tutorial does not work with OFBIz Release
16.11 and above."

Is there an updated documentation or steps for this.

Thanks,
Sreekanth S

Re: Exposing a REST Webservice in OfBiz

Posted by Girish Vasmatkar <gi...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
JAX-RS 2.0 should be the version to go with. Then, you can go with whatever
implementation you want to choose from - Jersey, RESTEasy, Apache CXF. You
should be able to set up 2.0 nicely with OFBiz 16.11.

Best,
Girish

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Sreekanth,

Unfortunately it's a WIP which is mostly stale at the moment.

Please see

Jacques