Posted to hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org by Chris MacKenzie <st...@chrismackenziephotography.co.uk> on 2014/07/04 18:27:49 UTC

Thank you And What advice would you give me on running my first Hadoop cluster based Job

Hi,

Over the past two weeks, from a standing start, I¹ve worked on a Hadoop
based parallel genetic sequence alignment algorithm as part of my
university masters project.

Thankfully that¹s now up and running, along the way I got some great help
from members of this group and I deeply appreciate that strangers would
take time out of their busy lives to shed a bit of light on what seemed at
times an insurmountable task.

On Monday I get to play with a 32 node system and the only advice I have
so far is to benchmark my algorithm with 5gb per node.

I wonder if, if you were starting out again on your first big Hadoop map
reduce job what would would you differently ? What advice would you give
me starting out ?

Thanks again, I really appreciate your support.

Best Chris

Regards,

Chris MacKenzie
 <http://www.chrismackenziephotography.co.uk/>