Posted to general@xml.apache.org by computing project <co...@hotmail.co.uk> on 2005/09/22 11:21:13 UTC

XML and forms

Hi,

I've produced a site where my CMS spits out XML and this is rendered into
webpages using XSL.  I'm pleased with the separation into data and
presentation.  However, the part that is left involves forms - registering,
changing details, etc...

Has anyone got some pointers on how to proceed with this whilst still
maintaining a good separation between data and presentation?  I was toying
with the idea of writing the forms as xforms and using xsl to transform
them, but as I wouldn't get to use any of the marshalling or validation
features it seems like overkill.

Any practical advice would be most appreciated!

Thanks

--pete

RE: XML and forms

Posted by Matthew Langham <ml...@s-und-n.de>.
Hi Pete,

Have you taken a look at Apache Cocoon (cocoon.apache.org). It does exactly
what you need (and also what you have done yourself).

Cocoon includes a Forms framework that is built around the separation of
concerns and uses XML + XSL. (And Cocoon offers a lot other interesting
functionality)

Best

Matthew