Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Martin Jäger <ma...@netcetera.ch> on 2004/12/23 16:27:17 UTC

Maven 1.0.2 and jar overriding

Hi there

I have a huge problem with maven 1.0.2.
I have to use jar overriding (all jars in CVS) due company defaults.
This was never a problem, because I used the "maven.jar.override = on"
property and added the libraries according to this example:
"maven.jar.commons-lang = ${basedir}/lib/commons-lang-2.0.jar"

But now, when I try to generate the documentation with Maven 1.0.2 the
site plugin tries to use the overrided library and fails. I reported
that bug http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MAVEN-1533#action_27969 and it
was closed by Brett Porter with this comment:

<<-- Bugcomment from Brett Porter
this is the correct behaviour.

You need to either:
a) add the property to project.properties inside the plugin (not
recommended)
b) put the property in ~/build.properties (affects all projects and plugins)
c) add the property to the command line with -D

What is your reason for doing this? If you are just manually downloading
JARs, perhaps it is better to put them in the local repository directly?
-->>

But I think I did nothing wrong... Or could you tell me what?
I could not do a) because I don't want to modify the maven default plugins.
I think b) will not work, because my project.properties override the
build.properties.
I don't know exactly which property I should add in c?

Has anyone a solution to use maven-1.0.2 jar overriding?

Thanks a lot
Martin

console output:

The build cannot continue because of the following unsatisfied dependency:

commons-lang-2.0.jar; path override doesn't exist:
/home/mjaeger/.maven/.maven-1.0.2/plugins/maven-site-plugin-1.5.2/lib/commons-lang-2.0.jar

Total time: 4 seconds
Finished at: Thu Dec 23 16:20:34 MET 2004

Re: Maven 1.0.2 and jar overriding

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
That had always been my understanding. However, I didn't realise that
it ha previously worked until the recent posts. I have reopened the
JIRA issue.

- Brett