Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Narayanan, Arun" <ar...@verizon.com> on 2004/06/10 23:49:24 UTC

Jetspeed1.5 using Maven

 Hi all,
    I wanted to try out jetspeed 1.5 and downloaded both the binary and source and also installed the latest version of Maven. But when I tried to run maven (>maven, >maven war, >maven allClean allBuild), I get the horrendous "Error retrieving artifact from http://www.bluesunrise.com/..." for all the jars. I went through the archive and found one suggestion regd creating a build.properties file with maven.repo.local, maven.home.local etc and I tried that too, but issue remains. Maven is in D:\Maven. I tried all combination of having the .maven/repository dir under D:\Maven and also under %HOME% and the location of build.properties file. I also tried adding the maven.proxy.host=http://abc.com/proxy (company proxy servers url).
  I havent explored much into Maven yet. Could anyone enlighten me on what's happening here and if there's a more efficient way to get past this than obtaining the jars one by one? Any help/suggestion regd. this is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Arun

" We are rich only through what we give,
and poor only through what we refuse." -- Anne Swetchine

Arun Narayanan
CCM-Verizon IT
972.399.5792

Re: Jetspeed1.5 using Maven

Posted by ha...@gmx.net.
Hi,
I only tried to build the tutorial with maven and that worked without any
problems when i typed in "maven -Dtutorial=[n] jetspeed:deploy" in the
basedir of the tutorial.
Then you can also try out jetspeed 1.5

with best regards,
joey