Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Xavier Stevens <Xa...@fox.com> on 2008/01/23 21:02:41 UTC

Larger Clusters with Different CPUs

Does anyone have any suggestions/best practices when configuring sets of
machines with varying number of CPU cores?

Basically I have two types of machines.
1) 8-cores
2) 2-cores

And I would like to make sure that the number of tasks for the 8-cores
is 8 and for 2-cores is 2.

How are others handling this type of situation?

-Xavier

RE: Larger Clusters with Different CPUs

Posted by Xavier Stevens <Xa...@fox.com>.
How exactly do you do the per node configuration?

Currently each machine in my cluster has an NFS mount for HADOOP_HOME so
all of the machines use the same configuration.  I am assuming I would
need to make a particular config file like hadoop-site.xml local to each
machine.  Unless there is a way to specify per machine in a single
config file.

-Xavier

Posted by Ted Dunning <td...@veoh.com>.