Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Christopher Cain <cc...@mhsoftware.com> on 2001/08/01 01:45:40 UTC

Re: [PROPOSAL] Standalone SSL (status?)

I forgot to mention that I plan on offering to port this initial
keystore security solution (whatever it ends up being, although the
Apache-style prompt is so far the only idea being floated) to the 3.3 if
there is any interest in having it. I don't technically consider it a
bug, so the 3.2 branch is probably not appropriate. I'm not sure what
the general feeling on the 3.3 beta process is, if such a thing would be
considered too big a modification at this point, or if anyone in the 3.3
branch is even interested. I just thought I'd point out that you 3.3
cats are more than welcome to speak up on this idea as well.

Also, where are we at in the process? I hate to be pushy (no, really
:-), but I kind of need to get my app up and running, plus I'm up
against it on the cluster management tool I mentioned. If I could just
get a general feel as to how much support the (configurable, as pointed
out by Jim) command-line prompt idea has as far as addressing the
problem, then I can go ahead and jam on that. I'm not necessarily asking
for anything offical (although I probably wouldn't mind :-), but I
mainly just want to make sure that I'm starting on the best possible
(initial) solution ... or at least the solution that would make the most
sense in the long run should it eventually make in into CVS. Unless it
is just something wildly personal, I hate writing code to extend an OSS
product and just sit on it myself, but I kinda need to start coding soon
=)

- Christopher