Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Tony Thompson <to...@stone-ware.com> on 2002/12/09 23:56:22 UTC

Extending Ant

I would like to extend Ant to define my own data types and then refer to them from my own task.  Essentially, my data type is a collection of properties but some properties could have more than one value.  Like this:

<data name="fred">
   <property name="" value=""/>
   <mutli-property name="">
      <value>1</value>
      <value>2</value>
   </multi-property>
</data>

I would then like to refer to that data from my task:

<mytask data="fred"/>

I have looked at the documentation on creating my own task but, I am having issues with creating my own data and then referring to it from my task.  Can anyone point me to some examples of how this could/should be done?

I would also like for my data to be declared outside of any target so that it could be referred to from several targets.  Searching in the mail list archive seems to indicate that I need to use Ant 1.5 to accomplish this.  Can some confirm this?

Thanks.
Tony