Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Paolo <la...@arsenio.net> on 2001/08/22 16:40:07 UTC

User autentication with cookies...

Hi everyone... i am new in Cocoon please sorry for my stupid questions
I'll ask here...

I need a simple user authentication mode, then I am writing my code
around the 'protected area' web application in Cocoon 2.

The only change I need to do is setting a cookie with username and
password to the client to let it access the protected area in the near
future without filling any form.

Then, I think I should have to do the first time the user access my
protected area:

1) Check if the client sent a valid cookie with username and password.
2) If cookie is set, go to step 4
3) Send the 'login form' to the user. When filled go to next step.
4) Check username and password. If not correct go to step 3
5) Send/update cookie to the client with username, password and new
expiration date

I think that everything should be done in sitemap.xmap like other
autentication actions.

Please help me!!!!

Many thanx to everyone!
Paolo Scaffardi