Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org> on 2004/06/27 19:30:38 UTC

com/ibm/asn1/ASN1Exception

Looks like I'm missing something ..
Can anyone tell me what jar I need to resolve the following and is it in
a repository somewhere?

Cheers, Steve.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net>.
Sorry about this one guys I took a day off today. Would have gotten to
you sooner if I were in.  Basically both of you guys are right.
Snickers should be done in a few weeks but until then we have to rely on
SNACC4J.  The jar for it BTW is available here:

http://ldapd.sourceforge.net/maven/repository/

under

http://ldapd.sourceforge.net/maven/repository/snacc4j/jars/

This should do the trick Steve and if it does not let me know.

Cheers,
Alex

Re: com/ibm/asn1/ASN1Exception

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>>You don't, unless you want to help with the SNACC -> Snickers migration,
>>>which is the raison d'etre for this exercise.
>>
>>Sure - but an interim objective was to get the old ldapd stuff into
>>demonstrable shape.  Alex mentioned that SNACC has been retired but
>>a copy is available - and that's what I need to get this thing up
>>and running.
>

> SNACC license is a problem, Stephen.  The objective is getting the old LDAPd
> stuff into demonstrable shape WITH SNICKERS.  That is literally the whole
> point of this exercise.

Noel:

Snickers will not be ready for another couple of weeks.  In the meantime
I want to get things to the point where we are plugging in snickers
against a validated platform.  To do that validation I'll need the SNACC
library.  Anyway - you have given me enough info to solve my immediate
issue. Thanks.

Cheers, Steve.

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Noel J. Bergman wrote:

>>Looks like I'm missing something ..
>
> I hope so.  That is part of SNACC and is replaced by Snickers.
>

>>Can anyone tell me what jar I need to resolve the following and
>>is it in a repository somewhere?
>

> You don't, unless you want to help with the SNACC -> Snickers migration,
> which is the raison d'etre for this exercise.

Sure - but an interim objective was to get the old ldapd stuff into
demonstrable shape.  Alex mentioned that SNACC has been retired but a
copy is available - and that's what I need to get this thing up and running.

Steve.

RE: com/ibm/asn1/ASN1Exception

Posted by "Noel J. Bergman" <no...@devtech.com>.