Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Glen Mazza <gr...@yahoo.com> on 2003/07/09 01:39:28 UTC

move the (AWT) PrintRenderer

Team,

One of our renderers, PrintRenderer (*not* the
same-named abstract base class to our
PDF/PCL/TextRenderers, but the AWT-print-output
renderer), is currently encapsulated within
apps.PrintStarter.  Apparently due to its location,
its also ends up needing to be defined again in
servlet.FopPrintServlet.

Just for reference:

(PrintStarter):
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/src/java/org/apache/fop/apps/PrintStarter.java?rev=1.3&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

(FopPrintServlet):
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-fop/src/java/org/apache/fop/servlet/FopPrintServlet.java?rev=1.5&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Since it names an output format in its own right
(-print option), I'd like to move PrintRenderer out of
the PrintStarter & FopPrintServlet classes
(apps.PrintStarter probably being a goner with the new
API anyway) and into its own file in render.awt
package.  Also, to reduce confusion with the
PrintRender abstract base class above, I'm also
thinking of renaming it to AWTPrintRenderer.  I think
this is a no-brainer, but in case I'm missing
something--any objections?

Thanks,
Glen

A Java2D Renderer/Viewer Prototype

Posted by "J.U. Anderegg" <ha...@bluewin.ch>.
Orientations, writing directions, bidi, Asian languages, precise
coordinates, drawing priorities, page caching, paragraph formatting: this
renderer/viewer handles it. With low memory usage.

See: http://mypage.bluewin.ch/huanderegg

Hansuli Anderegg

Re: move the (AWT) PrintRenderer

Posted by "J.Pietschmann" <j3...@yahoo.de>.
Glen Mazza wrote:
> One of our renderers, PrintRenderer (*not* the
> same-named abstract base class to our
> PDF/PCL/TextRenderers, but the AWT-print-output
> renderer), is currently encapsulated within
> apps.PrintStarter.  Apparently due to its location,
> its also ends up needing to be defined again in
> servlet.FopPrintServlet.
> Since it names an output format in its own right
> (-print option), I'd like to move PrintRenderer out of
> the PrintStarter & FopPrintServlet classes
> (apps.PrintStarter probably being a goner with the new
> API anyway) and into its own file in render.awt
> package.  Also, to reduce confusion with the
> PrintRender abstract base class above, I'm also
> thinking of renaming it to AWTPrintRenderer.  I think
> this is a no-brainer, but in case I'm missing
> something--any objections?

Sounds like a good idea.
+1

J.Pietschmann