Posted to users@maven.apache.org by maarten roosendaal <mr...@yahoo.com> on 2007/06/28 10:45:18 UTC

Documentation incorrect?: guide-ant-plugin-development --> Advanced Usage --> Forking new LifeCycles

Hi,

I'm trying to fork a new Lifecycle when calling my custom plugin. I've followed the instructions sited in the documentation on http://maven.apache.org/guides/plugin/guide-ant-development.html --> Forking new Lifecycles, but when running mvn install the tag execute or lifecycle are not recognized by the parser. Is the documentation incorrrect? I'm simply using the hello-plugin example and added the section sited in the paragrapf about Forking new LifeCycles.

I'm using Maven 2.0.7 and the maven-plugin-tools-ant / maven script-ant 2.0.1 as indicated in the documentation.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,
Maarten

ps:
I need to somehow define my own lifecycle because on the buildserver we need to do more without affecting the pom.xml's of the project. The plugin i'm trying to build is not available to the developers, just on the buildserver, hence, there can be no reference to this plugin in any project specific files.