Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Paul Wallace <pw...@twowaytv.com.au> on 2005/07/28 07:44:37 UTC

TC & Apache integration

Hi All,
	I am following the resource -
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-3.2-doc/mod_jk-howto.html to try and
achieve the above. I have a few questions as I seem to only be getting so
far following the instructions.

I have acquired the mod_jk-1.2.8-apache-2.0.52.so binary from the Jakarta
website. What do I do with it?
I have added the connector to TOMCAT_HOME/conf.server.xml -

<Connector className="org.apache.tomcat.service.PoolTcpConnector">
	<Parameter name="handler"
value="org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler"/>
        <Parameter name="port" value="8007"/>
</Connector>

(but can not see the port being consumed (netstat))

I have added the line Include
C:\dev\tomcat5\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.9\conf\jk\mod_jk.conf-auto to my
httpd.conf file.
The page I mention says "To configure Tomcat to generate the Apache
auto-configuration add the following block to your
TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml file after <AutoWebApp ... />. <ApacheConfig
/>". I can see no such <AutoWebApp ... /> tag in my server.xml. Where /
should it be added?
	Finally, Apache is running on HTTP port 80, any restrictions on
Tomcat HTTP port (not 80)?

Many thanks for your assistance

Paul.