Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rasmus Lerdorf <ra...@lerdorf.ca> on 2002/04/09 20:37:21 UTC

RE: what replaced --activate-module?

There is no static library support for PHP with Apache 2 at this point.
ie. you can only build using --with-apxs2 (if you are lucky)

Sometime down the road we will probably add this, but it definitely will
not be in 4.2.  Perhaps 4.3.

-Rasmus

Posted by Austin Gonyou <au...@coremetrics.com>.
Thanks much!

Posted by Brian Havard <br...@kheldar.apana.org.au>.
On Tue, 9 Apr 2002 11:37:21 -0700 (PDT), Rasmus Lerdorf wrote:

>There is no static library support for PHP with Apache 2 at this point.
>ie. you can only build using --with-apxs2 (if you are lucky)

It's not actually that hard to do it manually. While trying to debug PHP
(results reported earlier) I made a fully static Apache+PHP by doing the
following:

- Make a normal Apache2 build.
- Build (but don't install) PHP using --with-apxs2
- edit modules.c,
  - add the declaration "extern module php4_module;"
  - add php4_module to the ap_prelinked_modules & ap_preloaded_modules
lists.
- edit build/config_vars.mk,
  - add the full path to libphp4.la to BUILTIN_LIBS
  - Add to EXTRA_LIBS any libraries in PHP's config_vars.mk:EXTRA_LIBS
- run make again for Apache2

Well, it sounds like a bit of work when spelt out but it seemed pretty easy
when I did it :)