Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Дмитрий Лушников <lu...@gmail.com> on 2022/12/29 15:47:47 UTC

Mirror Maker 2 with different Avro Schema Registries

Anders, maybe you can help me?
MirrorMaker 2 stops transfer messages after setting up Schema Registry
Transfer SMT.

The logs show these errors:

Caused by: org.apache.kafka.common.errors.SerializationException:
Unknown magic byte!

Caused by: cricket.jmoore.confluent.kafka.schemaregistry.client.rest.exceptions.RestClientException:
Schema 1 not found; error code: 40403

I can’t figure out what to do with the *magic byte* and who needed *Schema
1*?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/74952744/mirrormaker-2-stops-transfer-messages-after-setting-up-schema-registry-transfer

Re: Mirror Maker 2 with different Avro Schema Registries

Posted by "andreasvdberghe@avathar.be" <an...@avathar.be>.
hi,

I guess this would mean a deserialisation error, meaning he data you're trying to read, is not as expected by the Confluent Avro deserializer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWBk9LIzy-A <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWBk9LIzy-A>