Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Michał Gruca <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/23 23:56:13 UTC

[T5.4] AjaxFormLoop - is it working?

Hi all,
I've been working to get AjaxFormLoop running for a while. The problem may
be between chair and keyboard, and I've failed on copy pasting.

I need a simple table that allows to add and remove rows inside a form. I
hope for a simple version, as nothing fancy is necessary.
Actually first implementation by Taha is what would be a perfect case for
me: http://tawus.wordpress.com/2011/07/26/tapestry-ajaxformloop/
However it does not work neither does jumpstart example with holders
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/ajax/formloopwithholders1

It looks like no events are being generated by add and remove links. If
anyone can confirm that would be good enough as at least I'd know that all
is okay with me ;)

I've been testing on 5.4.21; 5.4.23 and I think that around 5.4.11 was
first time I postponed that feature due issues

Many thanks and kind regards
Michal Gruca

Re: [T5.4] AjaxFormLoop - is it working?

Posted by Michał Gruca <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
I've been able to build a component based on divs with AjaxLoopForm. It's
working fine, however I've had recently change request to the whole thing
and I was pushed to make it work on tables. So here I am again on starting
point.

In the end I don't intend to use AjaxLoopForm (at least I don't expect to),
however I think I may have found a bug.

I've adapted
http://jumpstart.doublenegative.com.au/jumpstart/examples/ajax/formloopwithholders1
example
and I noticed that the elements structure is bit messed up and it prevents
jquery selector from finding the correct element (add row / remove row) and
adding 'click' event to it.

Can anyone confirm my observation?
If not I'll try to reproduce spike code to show the issue.

​Best regards,
Michal

Posted by Michał Gruca <mi...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,