Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Vinod Kumar R <vi...@wisorindia.soft.net> on 2003/05/22 16:28:09 UTC

help required on usage ofhtml:select and html:options

hi,

i want to render a select box with multiple set to true.
how can i use html:select and html:options tag to achieve
this in an effective manner.(basically in a cleaner and clear approach)

thanks and regards
vinod

Re: tracking user activities: how to ignore action chaining (or server side forward)

Posted by Pirmez <pi...@snap.com.br>.
Hi David,

Try request.getRequestURL()

Posted by Kris Schneider <kr...@dotech.com>.
Sorry, filters were introduced in Servlet 2.3. What you might try doing is using
a request attribute as a flag to indicate that you've already logged the
requested URI. Maybe something like:

if (request.getAttribute(MyConstants.URI_LOG_FLAG) == null) {
  request.setAttribute(MyConstants.URI_LOG_FLAG, Boolean.TRUE);
  logPage(request.getRequestURI());
}
super.processForwardConfig(request, response, forward);

If you get the chance to move to a Servlet 2.3 container, filters will work just
fine in combination with Struts.

Posted by david chan <da...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Kris Schneider <kr...@dotech.com>.
Absolutely. One place to start would be Sun's own J2EE 1.3 Tutorial:

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/tutorial/1_3-fcs/index.html

Specifically, there's a section called "Java Servlet Technology":

http://java.sun.com/j2ee/tutorial/1_3-fcs/doc/Servlets.html

Also, the Servlet 2.3 Specification is the definitive guide and it's not
that bad a read:

http://www.jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/final/jsr053/

And there's always the Servlet home page itself:

http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/

Posted by "Prashanth.S" <su...@yahoo.com>.
Hi kris,

--
Kris Schneider
D.O.Tech

Re: tracking user activities: how to ignore action chaining (or server side forward)

Posted by Kris Schneider <kr...@dotech.com>.
Prashanth,

Posted by "Prashanth.S" <su...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Kris,

--
Kris Schneider
D.O.Tech

Re: tracking user activities: how to ignore action chaining (or server side forward)

Posted by Kris Schneider <kr...@dotech.com>.

Posted by "Prashanth.S" <su...@yahoo.com>.

--
Kris Schneider
D.O.Tech

Re: tracking user activities: how to ignore action chaining (or server side forward)

Posted by Kris Schneider <kr...@dotech.com>.

RE: help required on usage ofhtml:select and html:options

Posted by Robert Taylor <rt...@mulework.com>.
What have you tried so far?

Basically you will need to populate the form
property which maps to the select box with the
"pre-selected" data. This should be an array of
Strings which identify the items to be selected.

I would look into using the optionsCollection tag
and populate a collection of LabelValue beans which
contain the label and value respectively.

For example, suppose you had a select box with
pizza toppings from which you wanted "cheese" and
"pepperoni" pre-selected.

You would populate your form data member - call it
toppings - with {"pepperoni", "cheese"}.

Suppose your toppingOptions (a collection of LabelValue beans)
is also a form data member.

You could use the following syntax:

value="value"/>

robert