Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2005/10/04 07:38:40 UTC

installer installation path

I'm working on making the installer building a little more compatible
with maven and have a question.  Originally we build a jar file in
assembly that had the geronimo server contents at the root (e.g.
repository, var etc were top level in the jar).  After a bunch of
complaints we moved to a zip file with a root directory
geronimo-${geronimo_version}.

The installer was built in the days of the jar file and like it is
splatting the geronimo server directly into the install directory you
choose.  I'm wondering if it would be appropriate to always install
into <installation path chosen in
installer>/geronimo-${geronimo_version}/repository etc.

This would simplify things a bit, but I think it might be a good idea
and is certainly more consistent with the zip distro.

Any thoughts?

thanks
david jencks