Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jeeva Manivel <je...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/12 12:23:48 UTC

Debugging spring-boot-maven-plugin in IntelliJ

Hi all,

I want to debug spring-boot-maven-plugin in IntelliJ. I have the source code, But I do not see this spring-boot-maven-plugin.jar in dependencies in Project Structure(because its not added as a dependency in pom.xml, its added as a plugin). Please let me know how to attach the source and debug this plugin.

Thanks,
Jeeva

Re: Debugging spring-boot-maven-plugin in IntelliJ

Posted by Greg Chabala <gr...@gmail.com>.
This may not be the best solution, but when I need to debug into a maven
plugin, I temporarily add the plugin to my project in compile scope.

Then I can easily browse the source and IntelliJ will start hitting the
debug breakpoints.

Cheers,
Greg Chabala