Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Valeriy Trofimov <va...@gmail.com> on 2019/07/05 23:25:33 UTC

Hive CLI Error: Unable to instantiate org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.SessionHiveMetaStoreClient

Hi All,

I'm new to Hive and did this tutorial:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted

After the "Running Hive CLI" step I've decided to run the "show tables;"
command and got this error:

FAILED: HiveException java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to instantiate
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.SessionHiveMetaStoreClient

Do you have any idea how to solve this? I've tried implementing solutions
listed in the top 10 search results for this error to no avail. Should I
try the next 10 results?

Thanks,
Val