Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <ed...@mgrinformatica.com.br> on 2004/11/25 13:08:59 UTC

Connection broken

Hi, guys.

I'm deploying a really big app written using OJB (today is about 360000
loc), that uses MaxDB as database server.
I've a test connection query (select 1 from DBA.DUAL), and it works.

But after some time of work (about 4 hours of continuous use), OJB loose
one connection, and never get it working again. May be this a known bug
for OJB 1.0.1? Should I upgrade DBCP (I'm using it)? I've checked past
threads, but just only one appear be related... And tests exchanging
DBCP to ConnectionPool don't solved. Using no connection pool appear be
solved, but our app is high query/transaction intensive, and opening a
connection is an issue for us (we use a pool of 10 connections per user
here, and we have ~40 users)).

Thanks for any help,

Edson Richter

Re: Connection broken

Posted by Thomas Paradies <pa...@transit-online.de>.
Hi,

this is not a problem with OJB or connection pooling. I think this is caused by
a timeout setting in MaxDB. If you are working with SQL Studio after some time
you'll notice that you have to perform actions twice to take effect because you
loose your session/connection. However that may be the following provisional url
setting did it for us:

-> jdbc:sapdb://host/DB?timeout=0

But try it with caution,

Thomas

Re: Connection broken

Posted by Edson Carlos Ericksson Richter <ed...@mgrinformatica.com.br>.
I'll do checks and answer in a few hours (it take few hours to I get the
error again - it's not determinate).

Thank you for directions.

Richter

Re: Connection broken