Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Mikhail Gryzykhin <mi...@google.com> on 2019/10/28 21:05:09 UTC

Quota issues again

Hi everyone,

While validating release branch, I got failure due Quota again. Also,
current queue time for jobs is more than 1.5 hours.

I'm not sure if it is worth starting another thread on tests
efficiency, but still want to keep this mail to highlight the issues.

See PS for links.

Regards,

--Mikhail

PS:

https://builds.apache.org/job/beam_PostCommit_Go_PR/71/consoleFull

*13:46:25* 2019/10/28 20:46:25 Test wordcount:kinglear failed:
googleapi: Error 429: Quota exceeded for quota metric
'dataflow.googleapis.com/create_requests' and limit
'CreateRequestsPerMinutePerUser' of service 'dataflow.googleapis.com'
for consumer 'project_number:844138762903'., rateLimitExceeded

Queue time:

http://metrics.beam.apache.org/d/_TNndF2iz/pre-commit-test-latency?orgId=1

Re: Quota issues again

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
Post-commit runs all precommits. The builder for the Jenkins jobs creates
separate jobs with suffixes:

 * _Commit (for when a commit is pushed to a PR)
 * _Phrase (for when someone asks to run it)
 * _Cron (run as a post-commit against master)

This way, the different jobs have independent configuration and the
post-commit version of them has a clear healthy/unhealthy signal.

My preference FWIW would be to use "precommit" and "postcommit" to refer
_only_ to when a suite of tests is run and _never_ as part of the name of
any suite of tests. There seems to be frequent confusion about things due
to the names. That would be a medium size change to gradle configs, Jenkins
configs, and cultural.

Kenn

Re: Quota issues again

Posted by Mikhail Gryzykhin <mi...@google.com>.