Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by ejaj on resurgence <st...@gmail.com> on 2011/04/05 00:01:42 UTC

tuscany-gsoc-2011

Hi everyone,
I am Ejaj Hassan and m interested in working on the manager webapp for
tuscany- GSOC project. I have chatted with Ant on this and now i'm
doing some research on Tuscany and sca too.Hence i would like to write
my proposal n could keep up some questions.
Thanks and best wishes to all.

Re: tuscany-gsoc-2011

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Apr 4, 2011 at 11:01 PM, ejaj on resurgence
<st...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
> I am Ejaj Hassan and m interested in working on the manager webapp for
> tuscany- GSOC project. I have chatted with Ant on this and now i'm
> doing some research on Tuscany and sca too.Hence i would like to write
> my proposal n could keep up some questions.
> Thanks and best wishes to all.

Hi Ejaj,

One approach to this that might work well would be to have an app that
exposes as rest endpoints all or similar functions that the Tuscany
Shell supports at the command line, and then have a presentation layer
over the top of that which provides a pretty web gui. To do those
you'd need to learn about JAX-RS and pick some web framework to write
the presentation layer with. I'm a little nervous that this could be
quite a lot to achieve in the GSoC timeframe though, especially as
you'd be having to start from scratch learning about those things. I
suppose we could treat those as two separate parts, so you
concentrating on the JAX-RS part first and see how that goes. I'm not
sure what the simplest approach to the gui would be, you'd want a web
framework with a very small learning curve so you don't spend to much
time before you can get going, do you or anyone here have any
suggestions or preferences?

   ...ant