Posted to users@trafficserver.apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2014/10/29 16:11:20 UTC

Summit Fall 2014 Wrap-up

Hi all,

first of all, thank you very much to LinkedIn and Brian Geffon for organizing this event. They have set the bars very high for future Summits. Also a big thanks to all the speakers and attendants, for making a very productive and informative Summit.

The feedback we got was very positive, and we’ll continue our Summits with similar format and agenda. One feedback that we’ll bring to the next summit is to have a few “hackathon” like sessions, where people can get into breakout sessions / rooms, and work on some particular problem or feature.

Also, I put a few pictures from the Summit up on Flickr:

	https://www.flickr.com/photos/zwoop/sets/72157649033241235/ <https://www.flickr.com/photos/zwoop/sets/72157649033241235/>

Cheers,

—The ATS PMC

Re: Summit Fall 2014 Wrap-up

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 29 Oct 2014 09:11:20 -0600
Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi all,

For anyone who hasn't seen, I blogged about attending
remotely at
http://bahumbug.wordpress.com/2014/10/25/traffic-server-summit-by-net/

My thoughts for improving future summits for remote participants:
include us in discussion by projecting an IRC window
alongside the speaker's presentation, so we can say something
and get noticed.  Alternative IRC-based variants might also help.

Also it would be good to be able to see those presentation slides
that aren't already referenced from the wiki!

--
Nick Kew