Posted to commons-dev@ws.apache.org by Jürgen Melzer <ju...@meinestadt.de> on 2007/06/06 08:39:39 UTC

Memory behaviour

Hello,

I used the Axiom the first time. I try to read a big XML-file and I wonder
that when I call docElement.getFirstChildWithName(...) the whole children
are loaded into the axiom model.
Is this the right behaviour? Or shall I use it on another way?

Thanks,
Juergen

Re: Memory behaviour

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Yes, please iterator one by one till you find the child you want.
there are some methods that trigger loading the whole xml.

thanks,
dims