Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Andrea Cosentino <an...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/06 08:47:02 UTC

Draft Camel Board Report for March 2023

Hello all,

I prepared the draft for March 2023, I'm planning to submit it tomorrow in
the afternoon. Feedback are welcome.

The mission of Apache Camel is the creation and maintenance of an
open-source
integration framework based on known Enterprise Integration Patterns.

## Issues:
There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Membership Data:
Apache Camel was founded 2008-12-17 (14 years ago)
There are currently 85 committers and 43 PMC members in this project.
The Committer-to-PMC ratio is roughly 2:1.

Community changes, past quarter:
- Pasquale Congiusti was added to the PMC on 2023-01-19
- Federico Mariani was added as committer on 2023-01-24

## Project Activity:
- We released Camel 3.18.5
- We released Camel 3.20.0
- We released Camel 3.20.1
- We released Camel 3.20.2
- We released Camel 4.0.0-M1
- Note: Camel releases have synchronized releases of Camel-Karaf and
  Camel-Spring-Boot too for 3.x, while for 4.x only Camel-Spring-Boot is
  synchronized.
- We started the work through Camel 4, we are already releasing some
  milestones and we are in good shape.
- We are continuing release 3.18.x LTS release train. This will be around
for
  a while.
- We started the release train for 3.20.x LTS, and we are already at the
  second patch release.
- We released Camel K 1.10.4, 1.11.0, 1.11.1 and 1.12.0, the first release
  based on Camel 3.20.x LTS Releases from main Camel project.
- We released also Camel K 1.11.0 based on Camel 3.19.0 release (non LTS)
- Related to Camel K we have also Camel K Runtime and Camel-Kamelets
releases
- We released Camel K Runtime 1.15.3
- We released Camel K Runtime 1.15.4
- We released Camel K Runtime 1.17.0
- We released Camel Kameletes 0.9.4
- We released Camel Kameletes 3.20.0
- We released Camel Kameletes 3.20.1
- We released Camel Kamelets 3.20.1.1
- We released Camel Kamelets 3.20.2
- We released Camel Kamelets 4.0.0-M1
- We are improving the Camel-K experience and Camel Kamelets is already
  looking at Camel 4
- The Camel-Quarkus work is going ahead following the main camel releases
with
  multiple releases
- We released Camel-quarkus 2.13.2
- We released Camel-quarkus 2.16.0
- Camel-Kameleon and Camel-Karavan are improving and more and more
  contributors are starting to help. We are improving the projects by
  supporting new features and aligning with LTS releases 3.20.x
- Camel Kafka Connector release based on Camel 3.20.1 has been released.
- We are supporting Camel Kafka Connector aligning it to the Camel Core LTS
  Releases 3.20.x

## Community Health:
- 310 issues opened in JIRA, past quarter (6% decrease) and 249 issues
closed
  in JIRA, past quarter (11% decrease): We are in a stabilization phase for
  Camel 3.x and the LTS are more or less stable. Also with the new 3.20.x
  release train for LTS, we are going to improve the stability. Mostly new
  issues are about Camel 4.x
- 213 issues opened on GitHub, past quarter (2% increase) and 194 issues
  closed on GitHub, past quarter (20% increase): We are adding new issues
for
  aligning to Camel 4.x Camel/Camel-Karaf/Camel-Spring-Boot. There are some
  more issues opened on the Camel K subprojects, since the contributors and
  users are increasing.
- 3919 commits in the past quarter (8% increase) and 120 code contributors
in
  the past quarter (4% decrease): More or less we are stable. We have some
new
  contributors coming from different subprojects and related to some
  documentation activities and bug fixes. Camel 4.x is mostly a work done by
  the Camel core team.
- 1113 PRs opened on GitHub, past quarter (5% decrease) and 1113 PRs closed
on
  GitHub, past quarter (5% decrease): on some of the subprojects the
activity
  is slowing down for stabilization reasons, on some other like Camel K and
  Camel Quarkus there is so much activity for aligning to new Camel Releases
  for Camel 4.x
- From this report the dev, users and issues mailing lists have been omitted
  because the ASF project statistics page for Apache Camel is not up-to-date

Re: Draft Camel Board Report for March 2023

Posted by Jeremy Ross <je...@gmail.com>.
Looks good. Thanks Andrea!