Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2009/03/01 18:55:21 UTC

Re: solr 1.3 - did something with deleting documents change?

: The notes in the wiki seem to indicate that syntax (with multiple <id> nodes)
: will be supported in Solr 1.4, not 1.3 - but I guess it really just means that
: you can't combine those with a <query> node yet.

correct -- the wiki is pointing out htat you can't combine <id> and
<query> deletes until 1.4 -- 1.3 supported multiple <id> (note CHANGES.txt
refrences to SOLR-133

: I'll miss the deletesPending stat, I think I'm going to have to re-implement
: this within our application now - I try to block people from committing unless
: there's actually something to commit (and only after certain time interval,
: etc), and the deletesPending stat helped to determine this (maybe you have no
: new documents to index but you do need to commit).  Not a huge deal to do, it
: was just convenient.

a nice feature for solr to have in the core would be to make commit a
no-op if there are no actaul changes to commit (it would need an option or
a query param or something in case people are trying to force a postCommit
hook) ... it's pretty easy for Solr to know this based on the index
version of hte open reader for commits and the one being used for search.

wanna submit a patch?

-Hoss