Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by James Turner <tu...@blackbear.com> on 2003/01/27 17:06:27 UTC

Cracking the whip

Hey folks, if we're going to go for the Valentine's Day Release
Massacre, we need to get the last 5 bugs closed.  Any progress to report
by anyone?

James Turner
Owner & Manager, Black Bear Software, LLC
turner@blackbear.com

Author:
    MySQL & JSP Web Applications:
        Data Driven Programming Using Tomcat and MySQL
    ISBN 0672323095; Sams, 2002

Co-Author:
    Struts Kick Start
    ISBN 0672324725; Sams, 2002

Forthcoming:
    JavaServer Faces Kick Start
    Sams, Fall 2003

Re: Cracking the whip

Posted by Ted Husted <hu...@apache.org>.
James Turner wrote:
> Boy, I get called Mr. Validator and LISP Boy in the same day.  What's a
> guy gotta do around here to get a little respect? :-)

Let's see ... write a best-selling Struts book. Nope, you did that.
Commit a bunch of code. Nope did that too. Hmmm, got me.

Have you tried taking off the dark glasses and motorcycle jacket? My
kids tell me that Leather is over. =:0)

Back on topic, we should also note that before talking about a Release
Candidate, we should meet all the objective requirements for a Release,
as stated in the Plan. This includes there being no unresolved issues
against the Nightly Build. A few more have crept in since I made my last
pass on these. It's usually a matter of ensuring they are actual issues
but not showstoppers and then marking them LATER (or INVALID).

-T.

RE: Cracking the whip

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, James Turner wrote:

> > Dear Mr. Validator,
> >
> > Bugzilla #16272 looks like a Commons Validator bug, and
> > #16337 may be a problem with Struts/Validator integration.
> > Any progress to report?
> >
> > ;-)
> >
> > --
> > Martin Cooper
>
> Whoops, they weren't showing up on my bug query, I'll jump right on 'em.
>
> Boy, I get called Mr. Validator and LISP Boy in the same day.  What's a
> guy gotta do around here to get a little respect? :-)

Hey, what's wrong with "Mr. Validator"? Better than "Validator dude", no?

;-)

--
Martin Cooper

RE: Cracking the whip

Posted by James Turner <tu...@blackbear.com>.
> Dear Mr. Validator,
>
> Bugzilla #16272 looks like a Commons Validator bug, and
> #16337 may be a problem with Struts/Validator integration.
> Any progress to report?
>
> ;-)
>
> --
> Martin Cooper

Whoops, they weren't showing up on my bug query, I'll jump right on 'em.

Boy, I get called Mr. Validator and LISP Boy in the same day.  What's a
guy gotta do around here to get a little respect? :-)

James Turner
Owner & Manager, Black Bear Software, LLC
turner@blackbear.com

Author:

Re: Cracking the whip

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@apache.org>.